Welcome to my website. I am an economist based at the Luxembourg Institute of Socio-Economic Research (LISER). My current research focuses on economic measurement and macro-economic implications. I am particularly interested in the spatial and distributional dimension of economic phenomena.
I have worked on measurement issues related to real estate economics, the dynamics in house prices and rents, the CPI, and the distribution of wealth.
My CV is available here.
- “Estimating Quantile-Specific Rental Yields for Residential Housing in Sydney”, Regional Science and Urban Economics 68, 2018, 204 – 225.
- “Variation across price segments and locations: A comprehensive quantile regression analysis of the Sydney housing market”, forthcoming in Real Estate Economics, doi: 10.1111/1540-6229.12177. [poster presentation]
- “A hedonic house price index in continuous time”, International Journal of Housing Markets and Analysis 9(4), 2016, 648 – 670.
- Owner Occupied Housing in the CPI and Its Impact On Monetary Policy During Housing Booms and Busts (with Robert J. Hill and Miriam Steurer) [LISER Working Paper]
- Missing the wealthy in the HFCS: Micro problems with macro implications (with Robin Chakraborty) [Draft presented at the first WID.world conference]
- Global Comparisons of Housing Boom-Bust-Cycles Using Micro Data on Prices and Rents (with Robert J. Hill, Ronan Lyons, Daniel P. McMillen, and Chihiro Shimizu)
- Do people know their wealth? Reliability of self-assessed house prices and rents
- Historic Rental Prices in St. Petersburg (1880-1917): Revolutions, World War I and Rent Control (with Konstantin Kholodilin and Leonid E. Limonov)
- Dissertation: Modelling housing markets: Issues in economic measurement
- Master’s thesis: Standardfehler in Negativ Binomialmodellen mit zufälligen Effekten (Standard Errors in Negative Binomial Models with Random Effects)
- Bachelor’s thesis: Modellierung eines Erdwärmesystems zur Bestimmung des geeigneten Abstandes zwischen Erdkollektoren (Modeling a Heat Pump System to Determine the Appropriate Separation between Collectors in the Earth)
Selected Blog Posts
- Why you should never trust a house price index (only) (Lindau Nobel Blog, 24/Aug/2017)
- Short-Selling in Immobilienmärkten: Fluch oder Segen? (Graz Economics Blog, 14/Feb/2016)
- Stammtischmythen im Faktencheck: Sind öffentliche Schulden wählbar? (Graz Economics Blog, 3/Jan/2016)
- The best age to get married if you don’t want to get divorced in Austria (Graz Economics Blog, 18/Jul/2015)
In the press
- Solving the owner-occupied housing puzzle (Central Banking, 27/Feb/2018, UK)
- Mehr Inflation (D’Lëtzeburger Land, 16/Feb/2018, Luxembourg)
- Immobilienpreise in der Inflationsrate abbilden (Lëtzebuerger Journal, 7/Feb/2018, Luxembourg)
- So wollen Top-Ökonomen die Welt verbessern (Die Welt, 23/Aug/2017, Germany)
- 96.000 Euro für Grazer Jungforscher (Der Standard, 19/Nov/2014, Austria)
- Mit vielen Zahlen zum Erfolg in Teheran (Kleine Zeitung, 2/Aug/2010, Austria)
Maison des Sciences Humaines
11, Porte des Sciences
© foto (title): Daniel Graziadei 2016